|The following post is accompanied by many Marshawnisms (all taken verbatim from this). Enjoy.|
"Don't trip. It's alright."Patience. While the foot has healed, I've stayed patient, engaging in plenty of other activities. So now on to the fun. If you're reading this, and you want in, let me know. It's the company that makes it fun.
"It's gettin' real in the field." - Running Races
- Sun Mountain 50M, May 16 - The Sun Mountain races are where it all started in 2010. Last year I missed for the first time since then. It's my own personal 'homecoming'. I'll run it hard, assuming I'm healthy, targeting a 50M PR.
- IMTUF 100, September 19 - The Idaho Mountain Trail Ultra Festival 100 is the 'race' 100. I say that lightly, because I don't think looking at 100's as races makes much sense. A beautiful, tough, remote, full loop 100, that starts and finishes at the Burgdorf Hot Springs.
"I don't know what the hell that was, but I like it." - Adventure Runs
- East Pasayten 100 Mile/Boundary Trail Crossing - Luke's blog post deserves all credit. I wanted to do this last fall. Legit point-to-point 100.
- Hells Canyon Rim-to-Rim - North America's deepest river gorge (bet you didn't know that). This is potentially nuts, and involves a major crossing of the Snake River.
- Mount Hood Circumnavigation - Volcano in Oregon. Lots of people have done it. I haven't.
- Olympic National Park Crossing - Basically, some form of thorough molestation of the Olympic National Park. Various route options available.
"I respect your pimpin', gangsta." - Swimming Races
- Portland Bridge Swim - 11 mile open water swim under a bunch of bridges in PDX. My buddy may be having a bachelor party conflict with that weekend though, so this may not happen.
- Masters Swim Meet - I figure it would be good to go to a meet, and test some sprint speed. I'll feel old.
"That's that new jack city, boy!" - Other Activities
- Mount Rainier Climb - May happen, may not. Kresser practically lives on it, so why not.
- Race a 5K
- Race a road marathon
- SUP Race - Need to purchase a SUP for this to happen. Would be fun, even if I get dead last.