Friday, April 19, 2013

Training Update (with pics)

Training has been elevated in the past three months. I'm purely 'listening to my body' and when I feel able to do more mileage, I put it in.  If my body needs a rest day, or two, I relent. This has resulted in my weekly mileage hovering between 70-90 miles.  I also try to mix in a 'recovery week' for every three hard weeks of training. That recovery week tops out between 30-40 miles, and the purpose is to reap the benefits of the aforementioned training. 

My main priorities are as follows:
  1. Alternate weekends with either one 6/7/8 hour run, or back-to-back 4 to 5 hour runs. These runs are normally based in the Cougar/Squak/Tiger/Si trails, and include plenty of elevation change, if possible.
  2. Two back to back 2+ hr runs during the week, on trail. Anywhere from 1,000 - 2,000 ft of elevation.
  3. Recovery runs, slower the better, that last from 4-8 miles, once or twice a week.
  4. Speed work on roads usually every two weeks (less than 60 minutes).
I have a little over two weeks until Miwok, and so I have a long run planned on Saturday, a longish run on Sunday, and then proceed into a two week taper. I'm planning a 40% reduction in mileage next week, and some short runs days the week of, along with more rest days.

Squak Mountain in the mist.

Dash Point State Park after some rain.

Holy crap SUN on Squak.

Suns out, guns out. (South Hill Bluffs)

Dash Point State Park.

Tiger Mountain 

No comments:

Post a Comment